Learn how to update to the Android P or How to install Android P on Google Pixel Phones.
Although there are some eligible devices to install Android P, you can simply visit the Android Beta portal and opt-in to the beta, which will then prompt Google to send your phone or tablet an over-the-air update.
Which devices are eligible for the Android beta program?
The preview is supported on the following phones and tablets:
- Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel XL
The following phones will also soon be eligible to download the Android P beta:
- Nokia 7 Plus
- OnePlus 6
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Essential PH‑1
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- OPPO R15 Pro
- Vivo X21
How to Install Android P on Google Pixel Phones
You can install Android P on Google Pixel XL, Google Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel 2XL by following the steps below:
- First, Visit the official Android Beta Website.
- Scroll through the list of devices till you see yours and click on Get The Beta Below it.
- You would have to Sign In to your Google Account if you haven’t already. (Make sure you the Google account signed in is also the one signed in on the Pixel Phone you would like to install Android P on)
- Scroll down and Click on Opt In on the device you intend to install Android P on.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions Of the beta program and Join.
- Wait for some minutes and Goto Your Settings on your Pixel Phone.
- Click On System and Select System Update.
- Check For Update and You should see Android P.
- Download and Install the Android P. (Depending on how fast your WiFi connection or Data Connection is, it Shouldn’t take long)
Congratulations, you are now on the latest Android P. If you do notice any bugs, errors or anything you think Google should know. Please do not hesitate to report it by going to Settings >> System >> About phone >> Send feedback about this device.