2018 Kenya Prisons Recruitment 2018 Recruitment Dates and Centres | Apply for Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form
Kenya Prisons Service Jobs is currently ongoing for interested candidates. The Kenya Prisons Service wishes to announce to the general public that there shall be a recruitment exercise on Prisons Constables (Male & Female) via Online Application Form.
About Kenya Prisons Service
The Kenya Prisons Service is a Department in the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government. It contributes to public safety and security by ensuring there is safe custody of all persons who are lawfully committed to prison facilities, as well as facilitating the rehabilitation of custodial sentenced offenders for community reintegration. It is a critical component of the Criminal Justice System which has the greatest impact on people’s liberties and freedom, particularly those who are in conflict with the law.
Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment Requirements
Potential candidates must possess the following qualifications;
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade of D+ and above or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Be between the ages of 18 – 28 years for secondary school leavers;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be at least 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
- Be physically and medically fit;
- Must have good hearing and clear vision;
- Have no criminal record;
- Female candidates Must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during training.
Kenya Prisons Cadet Salary
These are Kenya prisons salary excluding allowances. Salary prices may vary depending on the Officer Rank.
- Constable of Prisons -Sh20,987
- Corporal of Prisons from Sh28,671
- Sergeant of Prisons Sh31,737
- Senior Sergeant of Prisons- Sh33,903.
- Commissioner of Prisons earns Sh141,000- Sh127,000
How to Apply for Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment
Follow the steps below to Apply for Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment
- Visit Kenya prisons service website @www.prisons.go.ke/Vacancies
- Prospective candidates should apply with their original identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of recruitment.
- On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government sponsored paramilitary initial training course (professional) lasting not less than nine (9) months.
- In addition, while undergoing the professional training, recruits will be expected to undertake a Self-Sponsored Certificate or Diploma course in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University at a cost to be determined by the university.
- The recruitment exercise will be absolutely free.
For more updated information and easy response about Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Kenya Prisons Service Jobs, kindly provide your name, email and questions in the comment box below.